Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Your Photos, Now on the Map

About a year ago I spent some time traveling around South America with my sister. One of the highlights of the trip was a day we spent climbing to the top of Volcan Villarrica in southern Chile -- and more specifically, the 20 minutes it took to slide down the side of the volcano on our butts.

Using the new photo upload feature we added to Atlas yesterday, I just created a map of the area around Villarrica and added a few of my photos. You can see them in the infowindows when you click on the pins. Make sure you click on the thumbnails to see the full-sized images.



Also, if you click through to the map, you'll see that I enabled the user contributions. The photo upload feature works for map users the same way it works for map owners, so if you have pictures of Villarrica you can add them here too.

No comments: